One of the fastest growing prominent Commercial Collection Agencies in the United States seeks a full-time Accountant Assistant for our Itasca, IL location. We were listed among “The Best Places to Work in Collections” because we provide challenging and rewarding work; in a competitive, professional, and friendly environment that is second to none. We have a strong commitment to our industry, our colleagues, and our clients.
What You’ll Do
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Inform management and compile reports/summaries on activity areas
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures, and applicable laws.
What You’ll Bring to Us
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail with aptitude for numbers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to establish relationships and be an effective team member.
- A passion to learn and grow within the organization.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity for professional growth and development
- Benefit package with health, dental, vision, life and disability coverage options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off and holiday pay.
- Minimal cost to employee for employee coverage
- Health club discount and covered parking
Brown & Joseph is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.